Medical Assistant – Internal Medicine – Washington, DC
MediStaff is hiring experienced Medical Assistants. The individual will be responsible for the clinical Medical Assistant duties, and will also be cross trained in the front. The practice itself sees about 100 patients a day. They will be responsible for triage, rooming, vitals, EKG’s, administering injections, documenting in the EMR, etc.
- Will be taking vitals and triaging patients.
- Will rooming patients, administering injections and performing EKGs.
- Will be assisting the providers with exams and procedures (ie biopsies, etc.)
- Documenting patient information into their EMR.
- Cleaning rooms and turning them efficiently due to the high volume of patients.
- Must be Certified or Registered as a Medical Assistant
- Must have BLS/CPR certification through American Heart Association (AHA)
- 1+ year of experience as a Medical Assistant is required
- Experience with Internal Medicine is preferred but not required
- Experience with EMR systems is required
- Flexible – This practice is busy so we are looking for an individual who can be adaptable
- Everyone is expected to work collectively as a team
- Looking for someone with a Patient first mentality
Location: Washington, DC
Dress Code: scrubs
Hours: Monday-Friday (8:00am-4:30 pm)
Position: Full-Time (40 hours/week)
In order to be eligible for health benefits, you must be employed for 30 days and must average 30 hours per week for four consecutive weeks. As a contract employee with Medix, you can choose to enroll in our Benefits Program during your eligibility period and enjoy:
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Medical, dental and vision plan with American Worker
- Prescription Programs
- Term Life Insurance Plan